A simple yet delicious tart; the perfect finale to a summer soiree
Created for Miele by professional chef, Monica Galetti, this summer tart makes the most of sweet and juicy in season apricots.
For the Tart
500g puff pastry
200g ground almonds
140g caster sugar
140g unsalted butter, diced
1 lemon, zest only
15 fresh apricots
To Serve (optional)
Vanilla ice cream
- Turn your oven on to bake at 180°C, with the rack positioned on the middle shelf.
- Roll out the puff pastry, cut a circle, 12 inches in diameter. Prick the surface of the pastry with a fork, and crimp the sides (using about half an inch of pastry) to make a rim along the outside of the circle. Put on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and keep in the fridge while you make the almond cream.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and mix well. Then add the ground almonds and mix on low speed. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well until it comes together to make a paste. Add the lemon zest and mix for 10 seconds. Reserve the mix.
- Take the pastry from the fridge and spread an even layer of almond cream on top. Then top with the apricot halves (cut side up) until the entire tart is full. Sprinkle the apricots with demerara sugar and then put in the oven to bake. Bake for roughly 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown on the bottom and the apricots are cooked through.
- Bring a pan of water to the simmer. Score the skin of the apricots and quickly plunge them into the water, refresh them in cold water and remove the skin. Cut them in half and remove the pit. Reserve.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
About the author
Samoan-born New Zealand chef, Monica Galetti believes food is about building relationships and creating memories. With a highly impressive career in cooking including a 12-year stint at the two Michelin-starred Le Gavroche behind her, and plans to open her first solo restaurant Mere in London’s Fitzrovia in January 2017, mother of one Monica juggles a demanding work schedule with family life. For Monica, food is about building relationships, and so she chose Miele appliances for her own kitchen at home as she was impressed by the professional standard results she could achieve when entertaining family and friends.
Enter your email address to keep up to date with news about Miele and exclusive offers.