A mouth watering recipe that is the perfect alternative to a traditional Sunday roast on a warm summer’s day
With the summer months providing a plethora of fresh, in-season produce, a steam oven is a must-have for any passionate home chef. British asparagus and tenderstem broccoli are showcased in this tempting pork fillet recipe, retaining their vibrant colour and nutrients thanks to the use of steam. Although the different elements are cooked together in the Miele freestanding steam oven, a constant injection of fresh steam ensures they retain their individual flavours, which come together beautifully in the finished dish.
For the Braised Spelt
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 shallot, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 celery stick, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
400ml chicken stock
Small handful wild garlic leaves
For the Pork
1 pork fillet, trimmed
100g asparagus tips
100g tenderstem broccoli
Salt and pepper
- Heat up the oil in the Miele multi-purpose casserole dish over a medium high heat and add the diced vegetables and garlic cloves.
- Sweat for 10 minutes until softened, then add the spelt and stir for 1 minute to toast the grain.
- Add enough stock to cover the spelt by 1cm above and slide the dish into the Miele steam oven and cook on 100°C for 15 minutes.
- Place the pork fillet on a perforated steam container and when the time has elapsed, steam it alongside the spelt for another 10 minutes at 90°C.
- Remove both containers from the steam oven. Stir the garlic leaves into the spelt then cover with a lid until needed.
- Add the asparagus and the tenderstem broccoli to the steam oven in shallow perforated trays and steam at 90°C for 2 minutes.
- Heat up a large frying pan and quickly sear the pork fillet all over to give a bit of caramelisation and colour.
- To serve, mix the asparagus with the spelt, season if required and spoon some on to each plate. Place a couple of pork medallions on top and finally add the tenderstem broccoli. Serve immediately.
About the author
Every member of the Miele Team is a passionate home economist and an expert in their field, striving to provide cooking inspiration and knowledgeable product advice.
Enter your email address to keep up to date with news about Miele and exclusive offers.