A deceivingly simple recipe with impressive results
Steam is an ideal method for cooking fresh seafood such as the salmon and brown shrimps used in this recipe. The Miele freestanding steam oven’s precise temperature controls allow for a seamless cooking process, making this a delectable quick supper for impromptu gatherings. The nutty overtones of the celeriac puree compliment the spiced kale and flavoursome brown butter shrimps to create a beautifully balanced dish.
For the Celeriac Puree
½ celeriac, peeled and cubed
100ml whole milk
1 tsp celery salt
For the Salmon
4 salmon fillets
100g kale, finely chopped
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
50g unsalted butter
50g brown shrimps
1 lemon, juice only
Salt and pepper
- For the celeriac puree, place the cubed celeriac on a perforated steam container and steam in the Miele freestanding steam oven at 100°C for 20 minutes.
- When cooked, blend the celeriac with the milk and the celery salt until very smooth. Check the seasoning and keep warm.
- For the salmon, kale and brown butter shrimps, lightly grease a perforated steam tray and place the salmon fillets in the tray. Slide the tray into the steam oven and cook at 85°C for 3 minutes.
- Add the kale to another perforated container and when the time is finished, slide the tray into the steam oven and cook with the salmon for another 2 minutes at 85°C.
- In the meantime, heat up the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the garlic. Cook until golden and mix it with the kale as soon as it comes out of the steam oven.
- For the brown butter shrimps, warm up the butter gently in a saucepan, allowing it to turn to a nutty brown colour without burning it. Add the shrimps and a good squeeze of lemon juice and pour immediately over the salmon.
- To serve, place a salmon fillet on to each plate, spoon some celeriac puree followed by the kale and drizzle the remaining brown shrimp butter all over.
About the author
Every member of the Miele Team is a passionate home economist and an expert in their field, striving to provide cooking inspiration and knowledgeable product advice.
Enter your email address to keep up to date with news about Miele and exclusive offers.