A great vegetarian option that is full of flavour
Filled with lentils, butternut squash, warming cumin and salty feta, these munchkins are a fantastic vegetarian alternative or side dish.
1 small butternut squash (peeled and cut into cubes)
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
250g puy lentils
200g feta, cubed
1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
- Toss the butternut squash with the onion, oil and cumin seeds and roast on Fan plus 200°C until tender – approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Whilst this is in the oven, fill a DGG2 container with puy lentils and pour over enough boiling water to cover the surface of the lentils by 1cm above. Place in the Steam Oven for 25 minutes on 100°C, uncovered.
- Cut off the top and hollow out the munchkin pumpkin to allow space for the filling.
- Mix together the cooked lentils, butternut squash, onion, cumin seeds, feta cheese and coriander, then add in the egg. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mix into the munchkin pumpkin until full. Place the top back on the munchkin and place onto a baking tray.
- Cook in the Miele Combination Steam Oven, on Combi mode, Fan Plus 200°C, 100% moisture, for 25- 30minutes. Once cooked, garnish with coriander and serve.
About the author
Every member of the Miele Team is a passionate home economist and an expert in their field, striving to provide cooking inspiration and knowledgeable product advice.
Enter your email address to keep up to date with news about Miele and exclusive offers.