20g selection of sweet and cake decorations 700g chocolate chips Extra chocolate for tempering 4 medium-large Easter egg moulds
1. Polish the egg moulds with cotton wool or kitchen paper. Set a fridge to 12-14°C.
2. Arrange the sweets and cake sprinkles in two of the egg moulds. This will be the front of the egg. Carefully place to one side.
3. To temper the chocolate, tip 100g of chocolate chips into a plastic bowl. Place in the microwave on 850W for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir to evenly distribute the heat. Place back into the microwave for a further 15-20 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted and the chocolate has reached a temperature of 40 -45°C.
4. Add small handfuls of the chocolate chips and stir continually until the correct temperature has been reached;
Dark Chocolate – 31-30°C
Milk Chocolate – 29-30°C
White Chocolate – 28-29°C
5. Pour the chocolate over the sweet mixture in each mould and allow to set in the fridge (12-14°C) or leave in a cool place. This will hold the sweets in place.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining chocolate. Once the chocolate is at the correct tempered temperature, brush the inside of all of the egg moulds layering up the chocolate until the desired thickness is reached (2–3mm).
7. Turn the moulds upside down on a tray, curved side facing upwards. Transfer back to the fridge, or leave in a cool place to set. This will allow the chocolate to set and shrink. This will be easier to release the egg from the mould.
8. Once the chocolate has been released from the moulds, warm a frying pan up on a low heat. Place the flat edge of a sweet filled egg half in the pan and allow to melt a little. Then stick it to the plain half of the egg. Repeat with the other egg halves and leave to set.
Every member of the Miele Team is a passionate home economist and an expert in their field, striving to provide cooking inspiration and knowledgeable product advice.
Enter your email address to keep up to date with news about Miele and exclusive offers.