450g dried mixed fruit (we used sultanas, chopped dates and chopped apricots) 250g light brown sugar 300ml Lady Grey tea 2 tsp mixed spice 450g self raising flour 1 large egg, beaten
1. Place the fruit and sugar in a large bowl and pour over the hot tea. Stir well, cover with cling film and leave to soak for at least 12 hours.
2. Preheat the Miele Steam Combination Oven to Cake Plus 150°C and place a baking tray on shelf position 1.
3. Add the mixed spice, flour and egg to the fruit mixture and stir to combine well.
4. Transfer to a greased and lined 900g/2lb loaf tin and place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out of the centre of the loaf clean.
5. Leave to cool slightly.
6. We like to serve ours with a citrus butter, made by adding lemon, orange and grapefruit zests to softened salted butter.
Every member of the Miele Team is a passionate home economist and an expert in their field, striving to provide cooking inspiration and knowledgeable product advice.
Enter your email address to keep up to date with news about Miele and exclusive offers.