375g strong white flour
250g sourdough starter
1 x 900g loaf tin, lightly greased
- Mix in the sourdough starter. Add enough water to bring together to form a dough. Knead by hand for 10 – 15 minutes. (If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook, it is beneficial to use this to gently knead the dough for 40 – 45 minutes.)
- Return the dough to the cleaned out bowl and cover with cling film. Leave overnight to prove and double in size.
- The next day, carefully tip the dough on to a lightly floured surface, making sure not to knock too much air out of the dough. Shape the dough to fit into the loaf tin.
- Lightly cover with greased cling film and leave to prove again until the top of the risen dough is just above the rim of the loaf tin – this will take approximately 4-5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to Fan Plus 220°C.
- Place the loaf into the oven and bake on Moisture Plus function 220°C using 2 bursts of moisture. The first burst at 3 minutes, the second burst at 8 minutes. Bake the loaf for 35-40 minutes until risen and a deep golden crust has developed. When the base of the loaf is tapped, it should sound hollow like a drum.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. When cold, slice and use as a basis for delicious sandwiches.
About the author
Every member of the Miele Team is a passionate home economist and an expert in their field, striving to provide cooking inspiration and knowledgeable product advice.
Enter your email address to keep up to date with news about Miele and exclusive offers.